Information Technology Services would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back from winter break with a few key details that will help you during the spring semester.
TECHNOLOGY TIPS and INFORMATION
- Experiencing a problem with technology? Email IT@framingham.edu, use the self-service portal or visit the TRC [Technology Resource Center] one floor down from the circulation desk.
- Now is a good time to Change or reset your password: If you have not updated your password in the last six months, do so in the next couple of weeks. (And, remind your students too.)
- Backing up your computer may seem like a hassle, that is, until you lose your files. IT is currently researching automated options, but until a solution is selected we offer this advice: (1) Back-up the most important files to an external USB hard drive. (2) Copy your files to a Framingham State network drive. If you are not sure where to start email IT@framingham.edu and request assistance.
- Buy software: Check out the offers on many of your favorite software applications, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe products. Create a username and password to make your purchases and download right to your computer.
- Receive emergency notifications: If you have not already signed up for the FSU Alert program, log on to myFramingham to sign up.
- Access Free Online Software Tutorials: Access Atomic Learning’s software application (such as MS Word, Excel, iMovie) video tutorials. Log onto Blackboard and click the Atomic Learning Link to access self-help technology videos for you and your students.
- Is your course ready for the spring semester? Check out our online resources or attend a Blackboard Open Session in the Leonhard Lab HH107 Jan. 27 11:30 A.M. to 2:20 P.M. to receive assistance preparing your Blackboard course for the spring semester. Attend our additional workshops during the semester. Read more …
- Merged courses are most often managed at the time the course is created. Email email@example.com if your roster needs to be combined in Blackboard.
JOIN OUR CONVERSATIONS
TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED CAMPUS
We invite faculty and staff to participate with us this spring in our conversations to upgrade and decommission technology in learning spaces across campus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
WEB MANAGEMENT TEAM
The Framingham.edu team provides the necessary collaboration, across functional divisions of the university, to facilitate the coordinated administration of the Framingham.edu website and associated content management. Members of the team represent individuals who participate in the day-to-day operations of the website and use Percussion to manage content for their respective areas. If you are interested in joining the adhoc committee please contact email@example.com for more information. Our next meeting is scheduled for January 27th at 1:30 p.m. in the 1839 room.