Quality Matters (QM) at Framingham State University is an initiative, sponsored by CELTSS and the Offices of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education, to provide faculty support to redesign online and blended courses according to QM national standards. These standards promote learning and engagement through a student focused, faculty managed, continuous quality improvement process.
There are two ways that you can become a part of the Quality Matters community:
Fall 2014 Cohort — The cohort is comprised of a Power Day (Thursday, August 21, 2014) and four meeting times throughout the fall semester. Throughout the Power Day you will join other online faculty in discussing the eight General Standards of the Quality Matters Higher Education Rubric and how to apply them to your online or blended courses. The four meetings provide an opportunity for collegial discussion about applying the standards to your online or blended course. It is an excellent opportunity to build a community with fellow online learning faculty. More details are below
Self-paced Online Workshop — If you have taught a specific online or blended course for a minimum of four semesters over a two year period, this self-paced workshop is for you! More details coming soon.
Quality Matters Approved
To learn more about each faculty member’s Quality Matters experience, hover over each image.
Advanced Technology and Nursing Informatics
Health Care Administration
Seminar in Health Care Administration
Curriculum and Instructional Technology
Professional Nursing Perspectives
Fashion Design and Retailing
Global Market: Dynamics of Retailing
Human Development and Learning
Internet for 21st Century Teaching and Learning
Economics and Business
Nutrition in the School Environment
Philosophy of Education & Teaching Practice
Quality Matters Program
Each spring, faculty members meet regularly to review the QM standards in advance of redesigning their courses for an internal QM review. Conversations are led by Dr. Pat Luoto of the Consumer Sciences Department and Robin Robinson of the Education Technology and Interactive Media Office.
If you are interested in participating or want to become a Quality Matters Peer Reviewer, contact email@example.com.
QM Participants 2011-14
*Course meets Quality Matters Standards
- The program begins with a Power Day in January, with a day-long Quality Matters Standards workshop session.
- Throughout the spring semester, faculty meet four times for a collegial discussion about how to apply the standards to their online or blended course.
- As the standards are discussed, faculty create or redesign online/blended courses.
- At the end of the program, faculty request a course review by an internal FSU QM Peer Review team.
- Faculty who have a course approved for meeting QM standards will be recognized at the Day in May and have a Quality Matters certification added to their course.
To learn more contact firstname.lastname@example.org.