Information Technology Services would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back to campus and communicate a few key details, links, updates and reminders before the semester begins.
WHILE YOU WERE AWAY
Over the summer, Information Technology Services (ITS) replaced the system used to track service requests and work assignments known as “HEAT” with new and improved Service Management software called “Cherwell”. We just went live with the software the beginning of August, so please bear with us as we move through our initial stages of implementation and support. All emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as email@example.com will be automatically entered into the system. The new software will enable ITS to better manage the resolution of reported incidents and fulfill routine requests for service.
BEFORE YOU RETURN
- Blackboard was upgraded in May.Attend an open sessionin the Leonhard Lab – HHG07 – if you need help preparing your course for the start of the semester. September 3 & 4 10:30AM-12:00Noon or 1:30PM-3:00PM or view these Blackboard videos.
- Complete these Blackboard course-readiness steps: Step-by-step instructions for copying your course into the next semester, making your course available, and requesting a course merge. Remember, 24/7 Blackboard support is available at 1.866.361.8970.
- Change or reset your password: If you have not updated your password in the last six months, do so in the next couple of weeks.
- Buy software at Kivuto: Check out the offers on many of your favorite software applications, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe products. Create a username and password to make your purchases and download right to your computer.
- Receive emergency notifications: If you have not already signed up for the FSU Alert program, log on to myFramingham to sign up.
- Access Free Online Software Tutorials: Access Atomic Learning’s software application (such as MS Word, Excel, iMovie) video tutorials. Log onto Blackboard and click the Atomic Learning Link to access self-help technology videos for you and your students.
- Applications for Technology Innovation Grants will open October 2014.