Quality Matters (QM) at Framingham State University is an initiative, sponsored by CELTSS and the Offices of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education, to provide faculty support to re-design online and blended courses according to QM national standards. These standards promote learning and engagement through a student focused, faculty managed, continuous quality improvement process.
There are now three ways that you can become a part of the Quality Matters community:
Power Day (Tuesday January 14, 2014) – Throughout the day, you will join other online faculty in discussing the eight General Standards of the Quality Matters Higher Education Rubric and how to apply it to your online or blended courses.
The Power Day is recommended for faculty members who have taught online or blended courses for a minimum of four consecutive semesters. Breakfast and lunch is provided. [Register Now]
Spring 2014 Cohort – You will meet every other week throughout the spring semester (face-to-face or online via Blackboard Collaborate) for a collegial discussion about how to apply the standards to your online or blended course. It is an excellent opportunity to build a community with fellow online learning faculty. (More details are below)
Self-paced Online Workshop – If you have taught a specific online or blended course for a minimum of four semesters over a two year period, this self-paced workshop is for you! More details coming soon. (Launching Fall 2013)
Quality Matters Certified Faculty at FSU
To learn more about each faculty member’s Quality Matters experience, hover over each image.
Quality Matters Program
Each spring, faculty members meet regularly to review the QM standards in advance of re-designing their course for an internal QM review. Conversations are led by Dr. Pat Luoto, Consumer Sciences Department and Robin Robinson, Education Technology Office.
QM Participants 2011-13
*Course meets Quality Matters Standards
- The program begins at the January faculty development day, with a three hour Quality Matters Standards workshop session.
- Throughout the spring semester, faculty meet every other week (F2F or online via Blackboard Collaborate) for a collegial discussion about how to apply the standards to their online or blended course.
- As the standards are discussed, faculty create or re-design online/blended courses.
- At the end of the program, faculty request a course review by an internal FSU QM Peer Review team.
- Faculty who have a course recognized as meeting QM standards will be recognized at the Day in May and have a Quality Matters certification added to their course.
To learn more contact email@example.com.